Sunday, March 17, 2013

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!





La brea ata ann!
It’s a lovely day!

Happy St Patrick’s Day to everyone and Happy Birthday to my husband Don, who is seventy-four today! Without a speck of Irish blood in him, he feels he’s an honorary Irishman and the luck of the Irish is always with him.

This year, we’ll be celebrating at home and watching the parade on TV. The corned beef is already up on the stove and filling the house with a yummy aroma that always brings me back to my childhood. To trace my father’s lineage, I dream of traveling to Ireland with him.  That’s where my dreams take me today-to my grandparents Ireland. We travel the coastline beaches of Cork, and look for the Blarney Castle, walk in emerald grass with sheep abounding and enter the magical woods of Glengarriff. With our ears filled with music and lullabies, stories of leprechauns and laughter, we would sip some tea in a cottage of sod and relish that time forever.

As I prepare dinner for tonight, I leave you with an Irish blessing:
“May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.”


No comments:

Post a Comment